Wednesday, October 15, 2008

SLC Thug

For a few days back in July, Isaac was asked to do audio for the History Channel's program, Gangland. If you haven't heard of Gangland, it's a television series that documents the rise and power of American gangs. Having not watched the program before, I thought it sounded like East LA finally got its own reality show (about time, considering how boring The Hills has become). But actually, the show exposes the nitty-gritty truth about gang issues and not all are reserved for alley-ways and streets lined with skyscrapers. In fact, Isaac worked on an episode that took place in the Salt Lake valley. The program focused on the fact that Salt Lake City is known for its religious standards, but it's far from the McGruff House we may have thought it was. This last Friday, the Salt Lake episode "From Heaven to Hell" aired. It was educational, fascinating, and absolutely shocking. I think the show has the potential to raise a lot of awareness about a topic that continues to be relevant, and I highly recommend it. So please, go check it out!

New episodes of Gangland air on the History Channel, Fridays at 9:00 PM/8 Central.

You can also purchase Gangland, or find "From Heaven to Hell" on itunes.

"From Heaven to Hell" will be rerunning on October 24th at 1:00 PM/12 Central.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I really hear kineto's voice in the writing...If I ever quit the showbiz and had to write a blog for kineto it would just sound like me and I would probably talk about my canadian wedding. excellent...excellent job. your future is almost as bright as my present. (did you hear it? I was writing in the voice of scarlett )